I deliver punchy, conversational writing at affordable prices and to tight deadlines. I’ve written more than 20 film and game reviews for the CeX Blog, which reaches over 800,000 people a day.
I’m a passionate, team-playing perfectionist with a breadth of writing, graphic design, and television production experience. I have a consistent record of delivery in challenging environments, am comfortable working across cultures, and have strong technical and communication skills.
Key writing and media experience
2018 to present: Writer and Editor at The Irony Being
Following recent struggles with adult ADHD, and the lack of treatment options available on the NHS, I launched a blog to record my experiences and offer friendly, relatable advice to other UK ADHDers in the same situation.
2016 to present: Writer and Editor at Critical Chicken
As avid “gaymers”, my boyfriend and I created a gaming blog with an LGBT undercurrent. The freeform nature of the Tumblr blogging platform lends itself to a more experimental editorial style – resulting in a space where in-depth features, short-form writing, and even quirky “in-universe” news reporting coexist.
2014 to 2016: Reviewer for the CeX Blog
I wrote more than 20 film and game reviews for CeX, the second-hand retail giant, whose blog reaches more than 800,000 people every day. CeX’s relaxed editorial style and brand values gave me free rein to really speak my mind.
2015 to 2016: Graphic Designer at Designer Exchange
I produced a breadth of high-quality flyers, magazine adverts, social media campaigns, and signage for CeX’s sister company, an international designer handbag retailer, often working to very tight deadlines.
2009 to 2012: Television Production BA (Hons) at Middlesex University
I graduated with upper second-class honours, specialising in live entertainment and news. In my final year, I wrote, produced, edited, and created motion graphics for a satirical sketch show parodying late-night TV.
- Teamwork and communication
- Initiative and problem-solving
- Planning and organisation
- Basic IT support and troubleshooting
- High standard of customer service
- Innovative and adaptive
Writing and editorial
More than 15 years’ writing experience including professional blogs, reviews, website copy, promotional materials, news, screenwriting, business writing, SEO, and social media/content marketing. Experienced in copyediting, content editing, and proofreading.
Graphic and web design
Graphic and web designer with more than 15 years’ experience creating professional blogs, websites, promotional materials, news and motion graphics, signage, and social media/content marketing campaigns.
Practical experience producing, writing, editing, and presenting programmes across a range of genres, including news and entertainment. Good academic knowledge about media law, ethics, audience models, etc.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), iWork, and OpenOffice/LibreOffice
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and Premiere Pro)
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- WordPress content management system
- 2018 to present: BTEC Level 3 Certificate for Ophthalmic Dispensing Assistants
- 2007 to 2009: Media BTEC National Diploma (Moving Image) at Bedford College
Other work experience
- 2018 to present: Optical Assistant at Specsavers
- 2011 to 2014, and 2015 to 2017: Sales Assistant at CeX
- 2015: Seasonal Sales Assistant at GAME
- 2012: Office Runner at Shine TV
- 2010 to 2011: Sales Advisor at Maplin
References are available on request.